Monday, November 8, 2010

A Goodie For A Puppy

I was out on a walk with my dog the other day.  You know how they are.  They think that going on a walk is the very best thing that could have ever happened to them.  My little buddy was grinning from ear to ear the whole time we were out and behaved like a prince.  When we got home I gave him a biscuit, I grabbed a bowl of ice cream and before I knew it, there he was, tongue hangout out, eyes fixed on my bowl.  My first instinct was to explain to him that begging was rude but then, I got to thinking.  After a nice long walk he comes home and gets a boring biscuit and I get a great big bowl of ice cream.  Not fair. 
He’s not allowed to have ice cream, too much sugar for a dog, but he can have plain yogurt and peanut butter, which is one of his favorites.  So…I mixed him up a treat that made him think that he had died and gone to heaven.  In an effort to not be selfish, we thought we would share this simple delicacy!
First- get a bowl that your dog is allowed to eat out of and make sure that it is not metal, it is going to go into the microwave.
Second- scoop out about one table spoon of (preferably natural) peanut butter- crunchy or creamy is fine- into the bowl.
Third- place the bowl into the microwave for about 20 seconds or until the peanut butter is melted.  *do not over microwave the peanut butter, it will dry out and be unable to use.
Fourth- put about 2-3 table spoons of plain, no-sugar added yogurt (Brown Cow or Mile High Yogurt is best and can be found at any grocery store) into the bowl and mix with the peanut butter.
Fifth- take one small biscuit and put it in a zip lock bag and crush it and sprinkle the crumbs on top of your mixture.
Sixth- by now your little four legged friend is wiggling with excitement so simply place the bowl on the floor and let him or her enjoy.
** This recipe is for a dog the size of a moose so cut the measurements in half for smaller dogs.
I hope you and your trusty companion enjoy- but you may want to use separate bowls J          
 ~www.pinecountryfeed.com

No comments:

Post a Comment