Wednesday, October 27, 2010

today I will live

Fall is one of my favorite times of year and today I happened to run across this picture.  It got me thinking for a moment about how easy it is to get caught up in the race of our daily lives and we forget to look at what we have around us.  To me fall is such a wonderful time of year.  The world turns to golds and reds, a cool breeze runs through the trees, leaves skip in the yard, pumpkins sit on doorsteps, and pies bake in ovens.  Sometimes I forget to just enjoy the beauty and delight that floats around me, but not today.  Today I will watch the wind make the grasses on the hillside dance, I will fully enjoy the smell of pumpkin pie, I will listen to the leaves crack under my feet, I will taste every sip of hot cider, and I will stop to just be.  Today I will bask in the glory of golden rays of sunshine and draw in the warmth of a warm fire in the fire place.  Today I will be thankful, today I will enjoy, today I will remember, today I will live.      

No comments:

Post a Comment